Applications are being accepted for three $2,000.00 scholarships that will be awarded to outstanding college level Aviation students during the next Crystal Eagle Awards Dinner at the Hiller Museum, San Carlos Airport.
- Be enrolled in the Aviation program at one of the following colleges or universities:
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Oakland, CA
- College of Alameda
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Oakland campus)
- Gavilan College
- City College of San Francisco
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- San Jose State University
- Be a sophomore (30 semester units completed) or above
- Have completed at least 15 semester units in Aviation courses
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.5
Submit your responses to the following questions via e-mail to the Aero Club of Northern California’s scholarship mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions may either be a standard text reply within the email or attached as a Adobe Acrobat PDF document, (Word or other document attachment types will not be accepted). Attach a clear, electronic-photo head-shot that can clearly be enlarged to 8" x 10" in jpg format. To ensure your submission is reviewed, please include Aero Club of Northern California 2016 Scholarship in the email subject line.
Deadline: 11:59 P.M. Friday September 23, 2016
Scholarship Applicant Questions:
- Date of Birth
- Residence Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- High School from which you graduated and graduation date
- All colleges attended (name of college and GPA at that college)
- Special awards, honors or recognition received during high school or college
- Organizations or activities in which you participate (especially those in which you serve or have served a leadership role)
Describe your aviation experience (FAA certificate & ratings, work, internships, etc.)
Briefly describe how you became interested in the aviation field. In which area of aviation do you want to specialize and why?
Outline how you will pursue your aviation career from your college education to your ultimate aviation goal. Note the milestones or steps and dates, identifying obstacles and how you plan to overcome them. Be specific.
How are your schooling and aviation pursuits financed? What effect will receipt of this scholarship have on these efforts?
What other skills, abilities, and qualities do you posses that the Committee should consider?
Why should you be selected over others that apply?